- New paper on Mg metal anodes September 21, 2017
- New paper on nanocrystal heterostructures of battery materials September 8, 2017
- Three new collaborative papers out June 15, 2017
- Perspective Article on chemical imaging of battery electrodes April 25, 2017
- Mario wins Paaren Award April 21, 2017
- All-nighters for Science April 18, 2017
- Novel chemical imaging technique reported March 14, 2017
- Intercalation chemistry of fluoride perovskites February 28, 2017
- New paper on multivalent hybrid supercapacitors December 23, 2016
- Article selected as ACS Editor’s Choice December 19, 2016
Welcome to the website of the group of Prof. Jordi Cabana at the University of Illinois at Chicago!
Our group is generally interested in the physical and inorganic chemistry of materials, with emphasis on electrochemical properties. We aim to provide chemistry solutions to technological problems in energy applications. Our group combines approaches from classical solid state chemistry with nanoscience, with the goal of contributing to a unified field.
Our current focus is on electrochemical energy storage, which is critical in the development of a green economy based on renewable sources. We partner with researchers at a variety of other institutions in order to tackle problems of large complexity, where interdisciplinary approaches are required to answer scientific questions. While we are physically located in the Department of Chemistry at UIC, we are also members of the Joint Center for Energy Storage Research and the NorthEast Center for Chemical Energy Storage.